Honda pacing IRL with Accord Hybrid
If one needed more proof that Honda’s Accord Hybrid is an eco hot-rod, here it is. IRL officials have announced the Accord Hybrid will be the Official Pace car for the 2006 IndyCar Series. The entire Delphi hIRL Safety Team will be outfitted with Honda vehicles that include the Accord Hybrid, Honda Ridgeline and Honda Pilot.
The Accord Hybrid Pace Car is modified for pacing duties with a roll cage and high-performance wheels and tires. It will pace every race of the 2006 season except for the Indianapolis 500. The big honor at Indy will go to the Chevy Corvette Z06, which marks the 17th time a Chevy has paced the big race in Indiana.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX