- Don’t leave the vehicle. Yes, you want to whack the idiot driving a BMW 7-Series who scratched your Maserati Quattroporte, but let the police (and lawyers) handle it.
- Carry a disposable camera to take pictures of the damage (as well as any cute police officers).
- Call a towing service. Preferably, have a number ready in your cell phone, PDA or poorly secured T-Mobile Sidekick.
- Call your insurance company immediately. There is a reason why you’re paying them $2000 a quarter.
- Get estimates on the damage from several repair facilities.