NHTSA awards Explorer Sport Trac five stars for safety
Despite the Fusion earning the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s lowest side-impact rating recently, at least Ford can celebrate a victory in SUV safety as the Explorer Sport Trac has received the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s highest rating of five stars for both front and side impacts. The Sport Trac’s performance in the NHTSA’s tests mirrors that of the new Explorer, which was to be expected considering how much hardware they share. Also note that the crash test conducted by the IIHS and NHTSA are not related. At the moment it seems being awarded IIHS "Top Pick" status is worth more cred on the street than five stars from the NHTSA.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video