Non-Ford vehicles taking a beating; UAW tells members to stop
"Respect other people's property as you would like yours to be respected," said President Jim Stoufer of UAW Local 249. "The company (Ford) will be watching for any destruction of vehicles and anyone caught damaging another vehicle will be terminated."
A Ford spokesperson, when asked about the report, stated she has not heard of such incidents at the plant or at any other factory. Other UAW local presidents have stated the same thing.
It is not known if the policies restricting or banning non-Ford vehicles from using regular plant parking lots could have contributed to the Kansas City Assembly plant warning. Either way, Camry owners should apparently be on the look out for a Blue Oval beatdown courtesy of their local union.
[Source: Detroit News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies