Toyota returns to roots manufacturing, selling, inexpensive cars-- abroad
According to Automotive News Europe, Toyota is looking into establishing new brands to sell inexpensive vehicles in emerging markets such as Brazil, China, and India. More specific details have not been given, except that the vehicles will most likely be larger than Toyota’s current crop of compacts. Pricing, on the other hand, is fairly easy to calculate, as competitors like Renault and Fiat already sell vehicles in similar markets for $8,000 or less. Toyota will more than likely look to match such amounts, as they did in the U.S. and in Europe.
Look for these new Toyota brands and their models some time around 2010.
[Source: Automotive New Europe via Automotive News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies