Smart promises new ForTwo in early 2007
DaimlerChrysler is also trying to get approval to sell the new ForTwo in the U.S. market, where it hopes to sell 20,000 units a year. The lilliputian puddle-jumper is already sold in Canada.
Meanwhile, sales of the Smart brand plummeted 25.9 percent in February, to only 7,700 cars worldwide.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies