BMW announces super 7-Series
BMW and supertuner-partner ALPINA have created a high-performance model for M-starved 7-Series customers - the BMW ALPINA B7.
The heart of the 2006 BMW ALPINA B7 is a supercharged version of BMW's 4.4-liter V8, delivering 500 hp through a 6-speed automatic transmission. The 500 hp V8 makes 516 ft-lb of torque at 4,250 rpm, hustling the big sedan from 0-60 mph in 4.8 seconds.
To go along with the extra power, ALPINA upgrades the rest of the 7-Series with the B7 aero kit, a sport-tuned suspension with Active Roll Stabilization, and 21-inch ALPINA wheels.
The BMW ALPINA B7 will be released in July, but only 200 B7s are coming to the U.S. in 2006.
More pictures after the jump!
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video