Ford sees continued decline in U.S. market share
Pipas pointed out that Ford's "Way Forward" plan first calls for stabilizing market share, but that level is unlikely to be at the 2005 level. Ford's goal for 2006 is just to reduce the rate at which its market share is falling.
Ford ended 2005 with a market share of 17.4 percent (excluding luxury brands), its lowest point since the late 1920s.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies