Chrysler is counting on the charms of Dodge's new vehicles to kick its European market share up a notch. Chrysler hopes that models like the Dodge Caliber, Dodge Nitro and a possible replacement for the Stratus will more than double the automaker's market share, taking it from .6 percent to 1.4 percent by 2009. While it's not a huge chunk of the 16.4 million units that is the European market, Chrysler's efforts represent an interesting idea -- if American automakers have reached the bottom of the barrel in North America, it's time to find another barrel.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies