GM needs all those brands according to Sales VP
LaNeve suggested that GM would instead focus on turning around its struggling brands, including Pontiac, Buick and Saab. In the case of Saab, LaNeve suggested that what's needed is a stronger brand identity in the mind of consumers.
At the other end of the spectrum, the Hummer brand is growing quickly, and 70 percent of sales are "conquest sales" - customers who previously owned non-GM vehicles - so LaNeve sees nothing but upside in keeping the brand in GM's portfolio.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video