Formula 1: Red Bull sells half of Scuderia Torro Rosso
The deal is part of a larger transaction that sees Dieter Mateschitz' Red Bull buy a 50 percent stake in Berger Logistik, the Berger family's Austria-based transport company.
Berger will be personally involved in the operation of Scuderia Torro Rosso, and will serve in an advisory capacity for Red Bull's overall F1 involvement.
Meanwhile, the Scuderia's 2006 racecar, the STR01, ran for the first time Thursday at Jerez, Spain. The team will be running a rev-limited version of last year's Cosworth V10 under the FIA's V10-V8 equivalency formula. Up 'til now the team has been testing with last year's Red Bull RB1 chassis, but the rules require that each team design and build its own cars - hence the STR01.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models