Chicago Auto Show: Mercedes ML63 AMG
AMG's version of the Mercedes M-class, which debuted last year in Frankfurt, joined the new AMG R-class for the North American debut of the new 6.3-liter, 32-valve, 505 hp V8. The ML 63 AMG shares the same seven-speed automatic transmission.
The AMG interior treatment in the ML63 is also similar to the R63's, with minor differences, including a stop watch/lap timer integrated into the instrument cluster.
The chassis shares the R63's AIRMATIC height-adjustable suspension, with the addition of bespoke AMG shocks and a specially configured Adaptive Damping System. The ML63 rolls on 20-inch wheels with 295/40 Z-rated tires.
The exterior treatment of the ML 63 AMG particularly impressed our man Chris Paukert as a vast improvement over the standard version.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies