Cadillac BLS wagon due in Europe by mid-2007
The BLS, however, is produced at Saab’s Trollhattan factory in Sweden, which also produces the 9-3 and 9-5 for Saab. The factory is currently underused and building Cadillacs there helps keep the workers busy. They’ll have a lot more time on their hands when production of the next generation Saab 9-3 and 9-5 is moved to Opel’s factory in Ruesselsheim, Germany, according to Autoweek.
A BLS Wagon would instantly fill some of that excess production capacity at the Trollhattan plant while also giving Cadillac another Euro-only model in its lineup. GM Europe President, Carl-Peter Forster, has already confirmed plans to build a few thousand BLS wagons a year starting in mid-2007.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models