Formula 1: Valentino Rossi is the real deal
After a disastrous first day, when he spun on his out lap in wet conditions and did not complete a lap all day, Rossi posted 53 laps Wednesday and ended up 9th quick of 15 drivers. Rossi (shown at right during a Valencia test briefing) was driving a Ferrari F2004 with a detuned, 2006-spec V10. His best lap was a second slower than Michael Schmumacher's best in the new Ferrari F248.
Schumacher, interviewed by French newspaper L'Equipe earlier today, believes Rossi can be successful in Formula 1, saying, "Absolutely, it's completely possible for him." Other F1 drivers were equally positive.
[photo courtesy Ferrari]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies