President Bush to focus on alternative energy in State of the Union address
While it may not be greatly affecting consumers' car buying habits (yet), a recent American survey by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press found 80 percent of respondents said gasoline prices were a big problem, followed by home heating fuel and health care. Expect President Bush to address both energy costs and health care in his Tuesday speech.
The President is expected to follow up this summer's energy bill with further efforts to promote ethanol, hydrogen and renewable fuels, likely including tax breaks to encourage new technologies.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models