BMW posts record revenue, sales in 2005
BMW AG chairman Helmut Panke (at right) sees continued success in 2006, saying, "Our aim is to increase sales volume yet again and once again set a new record."
Today's news from Hyundai and BMW, at opposite ends of the economy-luxury car spectrum, highlights the tough job facing Ford, GM and Chrysler in the U.S. market. It's no longer a question of whether the U.S. automakers can design and build competitive cars - they can - it's whether or not they can turn themselves around quickly enough to retain competitive market share.
[Source: BMW Press]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies