Toyota wins What Car? Green Award for 2006
From the magazine: “Its clean and green cars are not futuristic concepts with on sale dates somewhere over the horizon.
“Toyota has a range of environmentally friendly cars in its showrooms today.”
Toyota’s entries were its Prius and Lexus division’s RX400h SUV (currently for sale). Also considered was Toyota’s work on the Diesel Clean Advanced Technology (D-CAT), which is currently being used in the Verso. (Pictured is a Corolla Verso.)
The Mercury Mariner won the first Green Car of the Year award by the Green Car Journal, a U.S. magazine.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies