Will Ford's Wixom plant be spared?
I think a fair question to ask is "What will be built there?" if the plant remains open. One might guess that if Ford's St. Thomas plant - the home of the Crown Vic and Grand Marquis - is identified for shutdown, then it's possible that the Wixom plant would be used to continue on with full-size RWD car production (the Panther platform is slated to carry on through the end of this decade). That's simply speculation on my behalf, though.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies