Mazda increases engine production
The company has announced that it will be increasing production of its 1.8 and 2.3-litre MZR engines from 650,000 units last year to 705,000 units for 2006.
The MZR engines are found in the company’s Mazda3, Mazda6, the new Mazda5, and the MX-5 (formerly known as Miata.) The increase is driven by high sales for the 3 and the MX-5 (pictured), especially in Europe and the United States. Last year the company also introduced the MZR DISI Turbo, used in the Mazdaspeed6.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies