Ford, GM China sales up sharply in 2005
Ford's announcement comes shortly after GM revealed that China sales grew 35 percent in 2005, making GM the top foreign automaker in China, replacing perennial sales leader Volkswagen.
Meanwhile, Ford's China partner, Changan Automobile Group, has announced that it is considering exporting to the U.S. market.
Overall, the Chinese market grew 21 percent in 2005 to 4 million units, and analysts are predicting 20 percent growth in 2006.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies