From coupe to pickup truck and back
Elton reminds us what happened to the Ford Galaxy and the Chrysler New Yorker. When convertibles vanished for such reasons as “blood and guts” drivers ed, the coupe shortly followed to later evolve, like dinosaurs into birds, into the pickup truck.
Yes. Pickup trucks. (Look at that Ford F150 and just squint a bit.) But with renewed interest in cars again after truck-based SUVs, Elton muses, the rebirth of the coupe such as the Pontiac G6 coupe (pictured) can’t be far behind.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models