Dealers deal with the market
According to the article in Forbes, many stores who sold domestic vehicles were either selling their dealership or giving up their franchise license to either purchase an import store or expanding a current one.
The domestic automakers state they are not concerned. "For every dealership that becomes available, I've got five dealers standing in the wings ready to take it over," states Joseph Chrzanowski, GM's executive director of dealer network planning and investments. But with a Toyota store moving double the number of vehicles compared to either a Ford or Chevrolet dealership, the Big Two are watching closely.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies