Michelin Challenge Design 2006 at Detroit Auto Show
Michelin announced Monday the theme for the 2007 Challenge Design - "Road Safety for Everyone." Designers will pen vehicles that "...are independently safe and can better share the road with trucks, motorcycles, passenger vehicles and pedestrians." Designs will balance accident avoidance, occupant protection and pedestrian safety with consideration of commercial viability based on visual appeal. Now that's a tall order...
Highlights of the 2006 designs displayed at NAIAS after the jump.
Grip: Unlimited by Carlos Eduardo de Carvalho
Three Passenger Thrill Ride (3PTR) by John Lazorack III
Brutale by Thierry Dumaine
8WD by Joseph Liang
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video