Car owner manuals, press releases and other good laughs
Well, open your glove box and take out your car owner’s manual. That's right. Jil McIntosh read fifty-two weeks worth of them and press releases and found some choice gems of mistranslations or “reinterpretations” of the English language.
(For the Nissan X-Trail (pictured)): "Be careful not to stumble or not to hook anything while they are being used. An unexpected accident may occur."
(For the Hummer): "If you put papers, pins or other flammable items in the ashtray, hot cigarettes could ignite them."
More at the link.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models