Rising interest rates hit dealers
Subtract the average of $77 in floorplan costs from the fixed profit of several hundred dollars that certain OEMs were mandating during recent incentive programs, and this relatively modest cost can take a significant bite from profits. Even so, don't shed too many tears for your local dealership - low interest rates in the previous three years have allowed dealers to actually turn a small profit from floorplan credits.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models