SF Alert's Block
Next month SF Alert, a mobile security company based in the Netherlands and well-know for its i-kid cell phones, will make available the product Block, a (you guessed it) anti-vehicle theft system, to the Dutch consumer.
The product, which is the size of a cigarette container, activates once the car owner’s key is removed. If the vehicle is moved without the key touching it or the car alarm is triggered, the owner is alerted of the theft. In cooperation with the telecom company KPN, a stolen vehicle can be tracked via GPS, as well.
The company plans to later develop Block to be used for boats and bicycles. SF Alert plans to sell between fifty to one hundred thousand Blocks by the end of 2006.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies