Audio technology gears for battle at CES
High-definition (HD) radio, which uses the same AM/FM signal as AM and FM stations but in digital format, is poised to challenge satellite radio for listeners' ears (and advertisers' dollars). At least six makers will be at the show with their new tuners, many of which start as low as $300 for an entire replacement set (i.e., AM/FM tuner; HD radio tuner; and CD player).
iPod adapters will, of course, be everywhere. And the “gotta have” navigation systems are getting smaller and more portable though the cost continues to remain pricey.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies