Hyundai's 2010 resolution
General Motors has declared numerous times plans to roll out its fuel cell vehicles by that year. Honda plans to have EVs at the same time.
Now Hyundai Motors has declared 2010 as its goal to manufacture and release the fuel-cell powered version of its popular Tucson SUV. The company has been developing the vehicle since 2002.
The South Korean company is the latest to join the fuel-cell wave. It has already delivered two Tucsons for testing in California with plans to deliver more vehicles by 2007. The Korean government has promised to assist the company with research and training. Already it’s requiring its own public services to switch to alternative fuels as biodiesel.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies