Volkswagen supersizes the Phaeton
Well, VW may be withdrawing the Phaeton model from North America, but it's by no means dead elsewhere - witness the Phaeton Lounge stretched limo which debuted at the Middle East International Motor Show in Dubai last week.
A concept car by Volkswagen's Individual group - producers of custom-tailored versions of VW cars, primarily the Phaeton and Touareg - the uber-Phaeton measures a stately 22 feet in length, achieved by marrying three standard Phaeton bodies.
Seating only four in the passenger cabin, the Lounge features individual climate control for each passenger, front and rear wine coolers, a minibar, multi-color mood lighting, a cigar humidor, twin 17-inch monitors, and a bluetooth-enabled computer with a broadband connection.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video