Oh geez - more Corvette SS/Blue Devil rumors
Also interesting is the LS8 that's shown on the timeline, which is a “480-500 HP” V8 that’s shown replacing the LS7 for the 2011 model year. This represents a drop in power from the current Z06's engine, but the fact that it’s to be offered with an auto and manual (as well as the fact that it won’t be built at the Performance Center) suggests that it will become the new base powerplant for the Vette. With a 500 HP Mustang soon to hit the streets, such a boost in power is likely necessary to maintain the Corvette's reputation as the best bang for the buck in the $40-50K price range.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models