The 2007 Freelander has been caught testing before its expected 2006 debut, riding atop a stretched Mazda 3 chassis also planned for the Volvo S60/V70. AutoWeek wagers that this means that we'll see an inline six for the new model from Volvo. Word is that a sacrelige in Land Rover history might take place with this one — reports say that the company will offer optional front-wheel drive to save on fuel consumption. Looks like styling cues place this design closer to the Range Rover, which is a welcome change as far as we're concerned.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models