Renault's Clio III was announced Monday as the 2006 selection for Europe's Car of the Year. The Clio headed a list of 28 new models, including the runner-up VW Passat. Judging was by a panel of 58 automotive journalists from 22 European countries. The 2006 award marks the sixth time Renault has won the Car of the Year title.
Clio III launched in Europe in mid-October, to what Renault cites as "an enthusiastic reception" and "very encouraging" early sales. Renault has more planned for the Clio program, including new engines, transmissions and trim packages, as well as the upcoming launch of the Clio Renault Sport.
Renault Clio III: European Car of the Year 2006
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX