NHTSA has been busy as of late, opening investigations into three product defects. The first deals with the front airbag sensors on '05 Chrysler Caravans, which can cause the airbag lamp to illuminate. Second, we've got instrument clusters on '00-'01 Mercedes S-class sedans that may fail to illuminate. Finally, an oddball - '02-'03 Hyundai Sonata sedans may be facing a recall due to defective valve stems that may cause unexpected deflation. That would not be fun. If you've experienced any of these problems, contact NHTSA; otherwise, sit back and stay tuned to see if they turn into full-blown recalls.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies