Ford will thankfully be trimming down the name of the latest incarnation of the SVT Mustang, dropping the "Cobra" moniker in the process. The upcoming vehicle will be called the Mustang Shelby GT500. Frankly, they could call it a Pinto if they wanted to and I'd still be compelled to go throw down a deposit on one. Just like previous Shelby Mustangs, this one will be labeled with those famous six letters across the rear decklid. Confusingly, the Cobra emblem will also appear on the car, and the Cobra name may be used on another Mustang variant, or even on another car altogether. Once again, I don't care - I just want to put the hammer down on one of these beasts.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models