Nissan North America is about to announce its decision to move headquarters to Cool Springs, Tennessee, a suburb of Nashville. Sources close to the company's decision making process have told The Tennessean that the choice as already been made, despite public comments to the contrary from Nissan. Nissan already employs 8,000 people in the state and the headquarter move would bring an additional 1300 jobs. Nissan is currently unhappy with the business climate in California and is looking to cut costs by the move. We've posted before that many of Nissan's employees in California are looking at their employment options as this move was first brought to light. Thanks to James for the tip.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video