A new powertrain is doing little to move Chevy SSR trucks off the lots, prompting GM to shut down its Lansing Craft Center for the next six weeks. With a 174-day supply sitting on the lots, it was probably obvious what had to be done. This will add to the 24 weeks that the Lansing plant and its 600+ workers have already been idle so far this year, and of course the pain rolls downhill to suppliers as well. Sales of the SSR are off almost 7% from last year's numbers.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video