China's in need of some solutions to its air pollution and energy consumption problems, and GM is joining the fight with its automotive partner Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation to bring more hybrid technology to the country. The start of this will be an expansion of the hybrid-bus program that's already in place. Further down the road, the intention of the two companies is to bring hybrid passenger cars and fuel-cell bus technology to China, with a locally produced hybrid car being the goal by 2008.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models