Silver is still the new black. So says PPG Industries, maker of automotive paint, among other products. In its annual automotive global color popularity survey, silver topped the survey at 37 percent globally and 26 percent in North America. Amazing to think that one out of every three 2005 vehicles on the road today in the world is silver, eh? The color led all segments and came in at a significant 32 percent of the vehicles in the sport/compact category. White was the second-most popular color in North America with 16 percent of cars being white. Bronze/gold-type colors came in at 14 percent, red was 13 and blue was 12. Black was only 11 percent, green was 5 and specialty colors captured 3 percent.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video