With Halloween right around the corner it seems fitting that we bring you another post on Stanley, the automotive reincarnation of the headless horseman from Sleepy Hollow. Stanford Racing has posted video of Stanley taken throughout the DARPA Grand Challenge and its qualifying events. We watched the first video (44.9mb!) that includes footage of the beginning of the race when Stanley makes a quick turn right towards the crowd before correcting its course again and heading off into the desert. Be warned, the files are big bu chock full of interesting clips including Stanley negotiating Beer Bottle Pass, a curvy length of mountain road with a sheer drop on one side. [Via German Car Blog and TJacobi.com]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies