Those lucky bums over at Autoweek recently had a chance to flog a Euro-market VW Golf GT that was equipped with the manufacturer's new 1.4L turbo- and supercharged Twincharger (or TSI) engine. So, how does it perform? Much like one would expect from a powerplant that manages to make 121 HP/L and also provides nearly 85% of its peak torque at 1250 RPM, meaning that words such as "flexible", "responsive", and "linear" are used. Yummy. There's no word on fuel economy, but one can imagine that it's potentially rather good (and probably also heavily dependent on one's driving style).
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video