1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Ams are rare, as I found when looking for one a few years ago. The rarest of the rare were no-options cars, with only 20 built with a fixed roof (instead of T-tops) and a cloth interior. Marv Spooner managed to stumble across his TTA with only 89 miles on the clock, and 15 years later, he's only racked up 4,100 miles. Would I want such a car? Probably not - I'd want to jump right into tweaking such a mod-friendly package, and this one is much too special to hack up in my usual fashion. Even dead stock, though, this car is still formidable, with the ability to run low 13s in the quarter and pull around 0.9g on the skidpad.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies