Could this be the next Lincoln Mark IX coupe? According to Automotive News, Ford is considering a proposal to build a Mustang-based sport coupe for the Lincoln brand. The Lincoln will have its own unique style, but the basic bones will be shared with the new Mustang. The coupe could show up in 2009, when plant capacity could be available at the Flat Rock, Michigan plant. The Flat Rock plant currently assembles the Mazda6 and Ford Mustang. Lincoln is not confirming the coupe, but our sources also indicate that Ford is interesting in reusing the new Mustang platform for other vehicles. We're wishing that they would produce a sport sedan, but a Lincoln coupe does have a certain appeal. There is no doubt that Lincoln's new design language will carry over into a Mustang-derived coupe.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies