Despite the fact that Toyota has openly denounced plug-in hybrids, its Toyota Dream Home includes a plug-in Prius in addition to the other gadgets in this energy saving home. Also included was a small battery powered NEV or neighborhood electric vehicle. Think of the NEV as a street legal golf cart, and you'll get the idea. The Prius can also act as a generator for the entire home in case of a power failure. That's a pretty sweet idea and would definitely be a feature if any manufacturer decided to get with the program and produce a plug-in hybrid. I want this house, when can you build me one Toyota? Except for mine, put a Lexus LS600h in the garage.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models