The ubiquitous black taxis of England will soon be making their way to the United States in greater, albeit limited, numbers. The $52,000 bubble-topped sedans (is that the right word?), manufactured by LTI, are about twice as expensive as a Crown Vic, but the vehicle's distinctive styling, roominess, and diesel engine are apparently enough to generate some interest in them as a niche-market vehicle. I'll admit to thinking that this is a pretty dang cool vehicle. You can get a history of English taxis here.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies