Tom Waits is suing GM over the use of his voice in some Opel radio advertisements. Well, not quite - apparently GM found a soundalike to voice the ads, which until now I would have thought to be a nearly impossible task, being that Wait's voice is coarser than 36-grit sanding discs. As he puts it, "Apparently the highest compliment our culture grants artists nowadays is to be in an ad — ideally naked and purring on the hood of a new car. I have adamantly and repeatedly refused this dubious honor. While the court can't make me active in radio, I am asking it to make me radioactive to advertisers." Ah, that's the sort of attitude that I've been missing since the early 90s.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video