Spy photographers have caught what appears to be an SRT version of the yet-to-be-released Dodge Nitro undergoing hot weather testing. The large 20-inch wheels with low-profile rubber give away the high performance intent of this camouflaged mule. The Car Connection surmises that a Nitro SRT6 is probably in the cards, given that the vehicle is based on a platform shared with the Jeep Liberty and that the concept vehicle had the Liberty's 3.7L V6 under its hood. Shoehoring a V8 in there would only serve to cannibalize Grand Cherokee SRT8 sales, so a Nitro SRT8 is probably unlikely. We wouldn't put anything past those people from SRT, though.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models