AutoWeek not only got a chance to drive the new Z06, but they also had an opportunity to talk with Dave Hill, the Corvette chief engineer. I'm not sure which one leaves me feeling more jealous. From their conversation, we find out that the target for the Z06 was the Porsche 911 Turbo. How it matches up to the 997-based model won't be known for a while, but for the time being, Z06 drivers need only fear the Carrera GT. On the topic of the rumored Blue Devil supercharged super Vette, Hill states, "If you have an idea that we're coming in a few years with something a lot better than this, you're going to spend a lot of time on the sidewalk watching Corvettes go by." I'm still saving my loose change just in case Mr. Hill isn't giving us the full story.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models