We've reported on Subaru's electric vehicle plans in the past, but news is coming out of Tokyo that the darling of Fuji Heavy Industries is going to work with the Tokyo Electric Power Co. to develop ten experimental EV vehicles based on the company's R1 minicar. The EV R1's will recharge in 15 minutes and travel 50 miles on a single charge. 50 miles? While that might be nice for cruising around Tokyo for a day, a mere 50 miles wouldn't get me to Old Navy and back. Yeah, that's right, I shop at Old Navy sometimes. So what?
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models