Pressured by customers to offer better protection from carjackers and kidnappers, BMW has announced it will introduce the Security Edition of its 5 Series at Frankfurt. To be offered on the 550i and 530i, the bulletproof sedan will feature a reinforced shell that can stand up to a .44 caliber Magnum attack and windows nearly an inch thick. While it's unclear whether or not the Security Edition will be offered in the U.S., there is a good chance you will see one of these coming to a big screen near you.
BMW 5 Security Edition
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video