As much as people talk about China and its promise for the automotive world, developing any kind of manufacturing capacity in a foreign land is tough. The discussion is always about how Western industrial workers will be effected, like Chinese factories will suddenly be producing Ford F-150s or Toyota Camrys. The fact of the matter is that any new venture in China will take time to mature and become profitable. This article by Detroit News really highlights the difficulties of doing business internationally, especially from a manufacturing standpoint.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies